Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chocolaterie Stam & Music Walk

On September 18th I enjoyed the music and sweets offered at Chocolaterie Stam on Main Street in Ames! I had the best seat in the house at the front of the store where I was able to greet each person as they came through the door. Chocolaterie Stam is an italian sweets shop and they have some of the best gelatto(I think I spelled that right?)! What is gelatto, you ask? It is italian ice cream. Terry Stark, the owner of the store...and one of my generous sponsors.....explained that gelatto is a much denser ice cream with a little more sugar in it. I am one of those who grew up on Schwan's ice cream and I could eat a HUGE bowl of that ice cream. The gelatto, on the other hand, I could barely finish a 6 oz serving! It is so rich and delicious! As I was greeting people and talking about my platform, one of my fellow sorority sisters, Jessica, came in with her daughter. That is them in the photo. I also have a photo with Terry, the owner. Thank you, Terry, for being such a wonderful sponsor and arranging this appearance for me. I wished I could have stayed longer!!


No comments: